In Fishing & Life

Trust Your Instincts

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Giving Thanks


Tomorrow is Thanksgiving! It is a day when family & friends will gather, they will eat and rejoice. There will be millions sitting around watching football, going to movies, or just doing whatever it is that they enjoy doing. There will happiness and joy, arguments and sadness. Wars will not stop, crime will not stop, drugs will not stop. The world will continue to rotate on it's axis and the seasons will continue to change. These things we can not change alone. They can only be changed if we all pull together for the common good of man. Too many people today have the me, me, me mentality. The book that the "Grand Artificer" of the universe has provided us with as a guide teaches each of us to not be this way. So as the books tell each and every one of us to do, take just a few minutes to think of your loved ones, neighbors, friends and family and truly give thanks for what you have!


I for one am thankful for so many things, I have struggled with it this past year but I do have my health and I am glad to have another chance. I have two children that have each blessed my life so strongly in their own ways, most of which has taught me to look at things from a different perspective. I do not have as much time with family as I would like, I lost both of my parents and I am so very thankful that I still have so many fond memories of them and the times we had. I have a sister and brother and probably the best in-laws a man could ask for. I am thankful for them. We have a nice home, newer vehicles, boats, and all the nice things but more importantly my wife and I still to this day have a very strong love for each other. We are best friends and I feel blessed beyond words to still be this close to her after all of these years we have spent together. Just the sight of her still drives me wild. I am thankful for having my faith and convictions for they are what makes me the man I am. Thank You Lord for all that you do for us.


May you all have a happy and safe Thanksgiving. Now will somebody please pass the gravy!

No comments: